Breakfast and wishing


It is 5:30am right now, and I am about to walk out the door to go swimming. On a Saturday morning. When I'd much rather be sleeping right now.

When I get home, aside from going back to bed, I'd really like to see a stack of these waiting for me, warm with some melted butter.

And while I'm wishing, I'd also like someone to finish my big organizational project, and wash all my floors for me. While I sit on a beach somewhere warm, having that nap.

Perhaps I'd best settle for not drowning in the pool this morning. And make the pancakes myself tomorrow.

Brown Sugar Pancakes

from Baking Bites

1/2 cup brown sugar (pref dark.)
3 tbsp butter, softened
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
2 cups milk, any kind
1 tsp vanilla extract

In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt together brown sugar and butter. Stir well, then set aside to cool slightly.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking power and salt. Pour in eggs, milk and vanilla extract, along with brown sugar mixture and stir until well combined. No streaks of dry ingredients should remain.
Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat, until a drop of water skitters around when dropped on the surface. Lightly grease with butter or oil, and drop pancake batter by 1/4-cup measures on the pan. Cook until pancake is slightly dry around the edges and small bubbles form in the batter (bottom will be browned). Flip and cook for another minute or so on other side, until bottom is browned.
Serve with Brown Sugar Maple Syrup (below).

Serves 4-6

Brown Sugar Maple Syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 cup maple syrup

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth. Serve warm, with brown sugar pancakes. This recipe can be halved if you don’t need quite so much syrup.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Nothing like a warm, fluffy stack of pancakes to rest your head on after a long swim. I think I'll make these today!

Joanne said...

These sound really good...I am such a huge fan of brown sugar!

Peabody said...

MMM, brown sugar pancakes sound really yummy, and it is breakfast time!