More meatballs


Making meatball subs yesterday got me thinking. I like having meatballs on hand to cook with, and I prefer them to be my own meatballs when I can't get them from my favorite butchers (which I will never get again because they decided to close down! Boohoo!)

With that in mind, I decided this afternoon to make a big batch of meatballs, something I do several times a year, to be frozen and used at a later date.

I mixed together about 5 pounds of ground beef with two eggs, panko breadcrumbs, dried parsley, salt, pepper, onions and garlic.
Using a scoop, I rolled them into balls and lined them up neatly on my largest baking sheet.

I don't know how it happened, but I actually ended up with just enough meatballs to make six rows of 10 each! I never get even numbers when making meatballs. My karma today must be good. :-)

Currently the tray is still in my chest freezer, with it's six rows of red balls. Later when they are frozen solid, I will devide them into ziplock bags and store them for future use. Like honey garlic meatballs, sweet and sour meatballs (my grandmother's recipe for ribs, which I also use it for), or spaghetti and meatballs. Or whatever new inspiration I happen to stumble into.

No comments: