Foodie Fans of the Pioneer Woman: Desserts


Muneeba's back this week, and found my weak spot for this week's theme: Desserts.

It's not that I don't like or make desserts, its just I've been forgetting to take pictures alot lately. Plus my tripod is broken, so when I do remember, my pictures aren't doing what I'd like them to do. (I don't have Ree's ability to keep my camera steady with my hip or arms, which is a pity.)


Patsy's Blackberry Cobbler, found on pages 212 to 213 of Pioneer Woman Cooks.

With blueberries instead of blackberries, cause I like them better.

My husband wasn't even interested in trying this, since it has blueberries in it, and my kids, who love blueberries, just said, "No thanks, can we have a cookie?" So I had the entire thing to myself.

I wouldn't call this a cobbler, but more a Clafouti. It certainly made a good breakfast, warmed up a bit. I never did try it with whipped cream or ice cream, just ate it plain, and I liked it - good thing since I am the only one who ate it.


I will make this again sometime, with a different fruit, but I will reduce the amount of sugar on top entirely as my sugar did not melt on top and make a golden crispy top, and really wasn't necessary.

And that's my contribution to Foodie Fans of the Pioneer Woman. Go check it out yourself.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I had to laugh when you said that you had it all to yourself. That happens to me all the time. I can definitely sympathize with you. Looks gorgeous, but I agree that it looks like a clafouti too.

Lara said...

It looks amazing! Thanks for the hint about the sugar on top. Maybe using some of that glazing sugar on top might be the hint, just to give it a bit of a crunch or some chopped nuts. I agree I would try it with other fruit - I had my fill of blackberries after having to pick them much of my teen years - UCK the thorns and bees - too many bad memories!! Thanks for sharing.

Lara said...

Thanks for sharing! I agree I would use another fruit, had my fill of blackberries as a teen after many many hours of picking them with the thorns and the bees!!