Settling in, back to routine and a BLOG EVENT YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS!!!!!

Enough exclamations for you?

Yesterday was back to school for kids everywhere. A new school for my boys, a completely new routine as they are no longer "walkers" but instead are bus kids!

To start their day out right, when I woke them up yesterday, I greeted them with a warm and comfy breakfast, cinnamon sugar french toast.

Your day can never go all bad when it starts out with lots of love, and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar.


I know you want a recipe, and I'll provide one, but you are really waiting to hear about my Blog Event, aren't you? Well wait no more!

It's...

A Housewarming Party!

No surprise, I'm sure, but fun all the same. So bring me your best appetizers, your favorite drinks, a tasty dessert, bring me anything you'd like, the more the merrier!

To be part of my housewarming, just send me the link of your post, showing me what you've made, by January 30th. Then come on over on the 31st to see the round-up!

I'll be posting a few things for the party between now and then, in eager anticipation.

Can't wait to see what you bring!

Cinnamon Sugar French Toast

2 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons sugar
cooking spray
10 slices of bread

Heat a griddle or non stick pan over medium-high heat.

While the pan heats, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream and nutmeg in a bowl big enough to lay a piece of bread flat on the bottom. In a smaller bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar.

When the pan is hot, but not smoking, coat with cooking spray. Dunk a piece of bread in the egg mixture, being sure to coat the entire piece of bread. Lay in the pan and repeat until you cannot fit in another piece. Try to leave a bit of room between the slices of bread. Sprinkle a bit of the sugar mixture over each slice of bread, in an even layer.

Allow to cook for about 3-4 minutes, then check to see if the underside is toasted and browned. If not, give it another minute, otherwise turn the slice over and continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes.

Repeat until all the egg mixture is gone, which for me was 1o pieces of bread.

Serve warm with maple syrup.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh yeah, I'm in - this will be lots of fun. And it won't be your usual chips and dip!!

Peabody said...

French toast looks really good right now...and it is breakfast time. I feel the need to make this.