Menu Plan Monday


What an interesting week I've had. My to-do list keeps getting longer and longer, even with my getting some stuff done.

It was nice to have my meal plan, though. What I need to do next is make it more visible for the rest of the family - partially so I remember what I'd planned to make, and also so they know what is coming. Saves some confusion (such as Thursday when my plan called for homemade chicken soup but my husband thought the stock I was making that morning was for something else, so when he came home and the kids and I were gone already, he did not realize the pot of soup on the stove was dinner.)

See? The to-do list just had another thing added to it!

On to the plan!

Sunday: Shredded salsa pork on tortillas with sour cream and cheese (plus left overs)

Monday: Chicken Tikka Masala with rice and naan bread

Tuesday: Mustard-Garlic flank steak with roasted potatoes and greens (pulled from a magazine, so recipe to follow after)

Wednesday: Cheesy broccoli and pasta bake (another magazine pull)

Thursday: Sheppard's Pie (Thursday's are the busy night for the kids and I, so I am planning things they can eat on the run. This they can eat from their thermoses in the van actually.)

Friday: Megan's Challenge!

Saturday: This is traditionally my husband's night for dinner, to give me a break, so I never know what we are having that night, unless we have company coming.

Now to work on posting this up for the family!

PS Like to menu plan, not sure where to start? Go see the looooooooong list of dedicated menu plan bloggers at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow the Chicken Tikka Masala seems a great idea! yummy! all the best for 2009 ciao

Megan said...

Oooh, we just had Shepherd's Pie last night - it was really great.

Can't wait to see your version of the challenge!

Sara said...

the shredded salsa pork sounds yummy! have you made that before?