Menu Plan Monday


I've always had a written menu plan, in a spiral notebook. If I can find my last one, I'll get a picture of it and post it up - I made that notebook last over two years!

However, I've always given myself flexibility when it came to my menu plan - I could write something down, change my mind, find I was missing an item, and either change the plan or walk to the grocery store up the street.

I don't have a grocery store less than a 15 minute drive away anymore, and a convenience store that is good for the odd milk/bread run, is not good for a menu plan.

With things like this in mind, I want to be more proactive with my menu plan, and a bit better organized with my shopping. This plan for the week is not overly creative, but it should work for us.

Sunday: Roast beef with sour cream and chive smashed potatoes, roasted green and yellow mean mix.

Monday: Shrimp Green Thai curry with rice noodles (sauce from a jar)

Tuesday: Hubby's birthday! By request, jambalaya (recipe to come later)

Wednesday: homemade pizzas with dip

Thursday: chicken noodle soup

Friday: homemade waffles with fruit salad

Saturday: We are having a party, so the menu will be varied and plentiful, with more details to come later!

I'm going to attempt to make this a weekly detail on my blog, so wish me luck and please feel free to send me suggestions for my menu plan as well!

5 comments:

BC said...

Ahem, are you taking requests for your party? Looking forward to it!

n*stitches said...

Your menu sounds wonderful! I fell off the bandwagon this week with my planning. Perhaps I'll be better next week!

Megan said...

I wish I could be that pro-active. I try, but then someone always has a request, or we go out to dinner. I can never get it to stick.

However, just let me know what time dinner is and I'll be there!

Half Baked said...

i've been considering doing a weekly menu too. it's a great way to save money because your not impluse buying! This week at your house the food sounds great:)

Laura said...

Welcome to MPM, so glad you've joined us!!!

Laura