Tyler Florence Fridays: A new twist on an old favorite


You aren't going to get a picture of the final product of this recipe, Roasted Corn with Parmesan, my choice for this week's Tyler Florence Fridays. The finished result does not end in something that is picture-worthy, and trust me, I tried. Not too hard, mind you. I really wanted to eat my corn, not just take pictures of it.

This might not sound so appealing to everyone, but here is how this works: Bake your corn in the oven, still in the husk (this is a technique I am going to use again and again and again...), then peel back the husk and grill the corn. Give it some good color. When it is to your liking, smear it with mayonnaise. Yes, mayo. I used store bought this time, but you could make homemade. Then sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.

That's it. Eat it. Trust me. Eat it. It really is good.

You will find the "recipe" for this on page 156 of Tyler's book, Eat This Book. I skipped the cayenne and the lime. It didn't need it.



10 comments:

Kara said...

That sounds really good. I would never have thought of putting mayo on corn, but I can see how it would work well.

Arlene Delloro said...

I've never grilled corn, but this sounds delicious. I might even give the mayo-cheese a shot.

Megan said...

All right, all right, all right.

I'll eat it.

Maybe.

Kim said...

I am willing to bet money that this is delicious! I need some more fresh corn so I can make this - yum!

Joanne said...

I LOVE fresh corn but have never had it grilled. My mom always boiled it. This sounds great with the toppings.

Elle said...

That is a good pic, especially with the bi-clor corn. Hot corn, mayo and parmesan...sounds delicious!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I have never had grilled corn, no less with mayo on it. It sounds right though.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Mayo and Parmesan--this must be delicious!

NKP said...

Mayo! What a fabulous idea! I am going to try that.

Krysten said...

Do you know that lots of Spanish cultures eat mayo on there corn.(and lots of other things.) Its even better if you drizzle a little Tapitio(hot sauce) over the Parmesan.