Menu Plan Monday: Getting used to a new schedule


We aren't all adjusted to my new working schedule yet, it is still a work in progress. It is a good thing it was a nice weekend and I was able to get a fair bit done. I've even managed to squeeze in a bit of baking for the lunches, and got my grocery shopping done (except rice, no one had the rice I wanted.)

We capped off last week's menu by having fair food: the boys each ate pizza while the hubby and I shared a pulled pork sandwich and a beef brisket sandwich. I could smell those wonderful little donuts you can get at the faire, but I didn't see any until we were leaving and by then, the line up was long and we were tired.

On to the plan!

Saturday: Spareribs and coleslaw. Normally this is hubby's night to cook but he cooked a few times earlier in the week so I gave him a break and made him ribs.

Sunday: Leftovers. Cause the ribs he picked up were huge and we have lots left over.

Monday: Prime Rib with scalloped potatoes and roasted veggies. Clean up the freezer time.

Tuesday: shrimp stir fry with rice.

Wednesday: Spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread.

Thursday: Sheppard's Pie

Friday: Club sandwiches and chips.

The weather is changing, getting cooler, and soon I will have to put away my Crocs and find where I put last years mittens. Expect to start seeing more cold weather menu items in the next little while!

Don't forget to add your own menu plan to Menu Plan Monday.

No comments: