I Heart Cooking Clubs - Mark Bittman Edition: Can I have a sip?


Is that a face only a mother could love?

One sporting a "mustache."

This week's theme for I Hearts Cooking Clubs, Mark Bittman style, was "Can I have a sip?" A theme my son took literally, when he took my frozen hot chocolate from me and had a sip. Then a second, third, and finally he just walked off with my glass.


Similar to a Starbuck's Double Chocolatey Chip Frapaccino (a favorite among most of this household,) this has all of 3 ingredients in it, whips up in seconds, and is a special treat on a hot day.

Even without the whipped cream and chocolate sauce on top, which would make it over the top special.

You can find the recipe for this in Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express, a book I am taking out of the library for the second time, and maybe this time will get to make more than one recipe out of.



5 comments:

Heather S-G said...

That's an absolutely adorable picture!! And the drink sounds wonderful, too...fortunately I have the book- off to look it up! =)

NKP said...

Too cute!

Sounds delicious, I should make it for my son soon.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I could eaily love that face. Adorable.

That drink is tempting me, now. Should I walk all the way, to the bookcase to get his book?

Deb in Hawaii said...

This was such a great recipe--I really enjoyed it when I made it--the perfect way to enjoy chocolate. Great pick! ;-)

Couscous & Consciousness said...

That looks insanely good. Love the photo also of your "wee boy".
Sue