CSA Week 12, 13 and 14


While we've ended receiving our CSA for the year, I still have several more weeks that I have yet to publish. I want a record of each week, though, so I thought I'd do a little catch up this week.

For week 12, we received:

Savoy Cabbage
Quart of Potatoes
Tomatoes
cucumber
pepper
hot pepper
garlic
red onions
carrots
beets
head lettuce
delicata squash (I traded it for a second head of lettuce - we really like lettuce!)


This is week 13, in which we received:

potatoes
onions
leeks
peppers
hot peppers
garlic
lettuce mix
carrots
beets
kale
dill
butternut squash
radishes (traded for - you guessed it! Lettuce!)


Notice the new table? Not actually new, but inherited from my grandparents. (And not so good for a background with my wood floors and bright walls from the looks of the lighting in this picture.)

Week 14, we received:

Red Cabbage
Carrots (some are white--they are not parsnips)
Beets
Potatoes
Radishes (Lettuce)
Onions
Small Squash
Hakurei Turnips
Salad Mix
Herb (I took oregano and hung it up to dry)

Looking at these pictures reminds me that I still have a squash or two that I could roast off and turn into soup on a nice cold day, which today is. While none of my boys, including my husband, like butternut squash soup, it freezes well so I think I will make a pot for myself and freeze it for lunches.

No comments: