We interupt this menu plan to purchase a cow

Yes, I said a cow.

Not a full cow. A quarter of a cow.

(And in answer to the Little Sous Chef's question, no, not a live cow.)

Turns out that someone I was working with at Saunders Farm during October has a working farm, and they just happened to have 1/4 of a cow available for purchase at a very good price.

In one shot I get to support a local farmer, support a new friend, and get a freezer full of fresh, local beef.

SOLD!

No menu plan until I've picked up my 1/4 of a cow (probably tomorrow), and see what exactly I have in the way of cuts of beef. Afterall, I don't want to plan for steaks and then find I only have roasts. Or vice versa.

I can tell you that I plan to make sausages in tomatoes with mashed potatoes for dinner tomorrow. Yummy!

Right after that, though, I'm going to go get my cow.

2 comments:

pam said...

We purchased a half a cow last year and are still working our way through it. Be ready for lots of ground beef!

Megan said...

I thought you had a new pet.......