Menu Plan Monday: Thinking ahead for a change


It is Sunday night here, and I'm actually ready to post a menu plan for the week and get it onto Menu Plan Monday. What a change from the last few weeks! I hope some of it is from getting used to being back at work, but I know some of it is from too much changes to my plans lately. I've had good intentions, but it seems that by Thursday I am always picking something up.

A few changes from last week: The crock pot chicken was great, but we had it on Caesar salad, not with cheesy potatoes. Thursdays possible shrimp turned into Subway, and Friday's fish and chips turned into homemade chili. At least I still cooked on Friday.

Actually, I cooked this weekend too, mostly because I really wanted to. Yes, I'm tired and really did not want to mess up my kitchen more than it already was, but I also missed the calmness and creative outlet that cooking can be for me. I need to keep that in my mind this week when I'm leaving work at 6:15 and know I still have a 25 minute drive ahead of me before I start dinner.

So here is this week's plan, starting with today, Sunday:

Sunday: Pot luck dinner with our Taekwon-Do school. I made Spanikopita, feta cheese and spinach pie, made with phillo dough. I'm not sure if I've posted this recipe before, so I will do a search later and if I haven't, I'll take a picture of my left overs and get it up here!

Monday: Teriyaki pork tenderloin with carrots.

Tuesday: Pad Thai with shrimp - I'm trying out a new jarred sauce.

Wednesday: Homemade chicken fingers with salad.

Thursday: Meatloaf with mashed potatoes.

Friday: Spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread.

I hope everyone has a good week!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember those days of commuting when we lived in San Diego. I would listen to audiobooks and found it very relaxing.

Your menu sounds delicious. Happy Thanksgiving!

Have you ever heard of shelf milk? If so, can you use it in a baking recipe?

norapinephrine said...

Hey! We should pick a main course to both do the same day and take pics when it's done...

Discover How to Lose Belly Fat said...

Wow, seems we have something in common! I also love posting Menu Plans as part of my diet :) Can you also post some recipes on your weekly menu?

----------------------
Burn Belly Fat