Menu Plan Monday: Happy Labor Day


Labor Day weekend, usually the weekend before school starts. Not this year. This year it is the first long weekend of the school year. For me, it is a day of laundry and to get some baking done for lunches this week.

And maybe get a nap in.

Fortunately we have lots of left overs from yesterday, so I don't need to worry about a lunch for everyone today, though now that school is in, my boys are eating peanut butter for every lunch outside of school.

On to this week's plan....

Sunday: Chinese food feast. Yummy stuff. Having left overs for lunch today.

Monday: Roast chicken with Parmesan broccoli and mashed potatoes. I'm making extra chicken for later in the week.

Tuesday: Taco's.

Wednesday: Mac and Cheese. Will figure out something for the hubby to have later, since he won't eat mac and cheese with the rest of us.

Or I will pick up bread and veggies and we will have a make your own sub sandwich night.

Thursday: Enchiladas with salad.

Friday: Thai chicken soup. Probably without the Kafir lime leaves, though, as I've never seen any anywhere.

I'm leaving you with a picture that will hopefully today be loaded up on my Flicker site, along with many more. It is from an early morning walk when we went camping a few weeks ago, and I just like it.


Don't forget to head over to Menu Plan Monday for more plans and inspiration.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you will consider joining me at Diningwithdebbie.blogspot for Crock Pot Wedenesday. It's easy and economical:) Just post a favorite slow cooker recipe with Mister Linky, and you are all set to share with others. I will look forward to hosting you.

Megan said...

Another great looking week!

A day of laundry and baking? Sounds better than my day of laundry and computer fixing. Yuck.