Oh what will I do now?!?

Last year I was surprised to see my favorite fruit disappear from my local store. I had only recently discovered how much I love the Asian Pear, with it's crisp, juicy interior.

Yes, they are a tad pricey but worth every penny since I actually eat them! And yes, I know they aren't even remotely local, but again, balancing my eating the fruit versus my eating no fruit and the non-local thing becomes secondary.

When they disappeared last year, I made a note to myself that this year I would stock up on them before they were no longer available, seeing as they store very well for a long period of time in the crisper drawer of my fridge, where I usually have a few on hand at all times.

So what did I find when I went into my local Farm Boy yesterday? No Asian Pears!

Yes, that is me sobbing!

Do you realize how long it is until November?

The only good thing I can say about that trip to the store is that another favored fruit, though not nearly as loved as my pear, has finally made an arrival and came home with me for breakfast.

No comments: