HHDD: Sorbet

I hate to say it, but I finally made a Dorie recipe that I didn't like.

Even harder to believe.... it used lots of chocolate, and I still didn't like it!

Yes, it's true.

Just as sad, I made it specifically for a blog event, Hay Hay it's Donna Day #13, where the theme was sorbet, hosted by fellow Daring Baker Laura of Eat Drink Live.

I love Dorie, I really do! There are so many more items in her book I want to make. I had to restrain myself at the bookstore yesterday, where I had gone looking for books for my children. The pull to the cooking section, and hopefully the rest of Dorie's recipes, was strong, oh so strong! I fought it, and won, but my heart was left feeling bruised and battered.

So it saddens me that her Creamy Dark Chocolate Sorbet (page 431 for those of you who have a copy), did nothing for me. I didn't like the flavor, I didn't like the consistency.

My children, on the other hand, inhaled it, so all was not lost, 7 ounces of chocolate was not wasted.

I admit I would actually like to try this again, but using milk chocolate. I love milk chocolate, but am not a huge fan of dark or bittersweet. And if I don't like it, well, I still have two chocolate loving little boys who would be happy to eat it for me.

In the meantime, I think I need to go back to Laura's blog and see if I have the stuff on hand to make one of her sorbets......

2 comments:

Barbara said...

How sad you didn't enjoy it. I hope you have more luck with Donna's recipe Laura psoted. Thanks for participating in HHDD.

Anne said...

Oh, sorry to hear that it wasn't to your liking - it certainly looks really, really good! :)