I Heart Cooking Clubs - Mark Bittman Edition: Potluck snack



It's Potluck time at I Heart Cooking Clubs (and thank goodness it is!) I've been busy, busy, busy, and while I've done a tonne of cooking, none of it has been for home.

Muffins are always a great thing to make and have on hand when you are pressed for time. They take minutes to come together, bake while you are showering, and are great warm right out of the oven, or at room temperature later on when you finally get a chance to eat one. Add in the flexibility of muffins, your choice of fillings and toppings, and they are the perfect choice for this week's Potluck.


I threw these together this morning, Mark Bittman's blueberry muffins, using local blueberries we picked ourselves (we like to pick here - don't forget to grab and ice cream while you are there.) Within minutes the house smelled of freshly baked goodness, always a nice smell, and there was a child standing over me, waiting, waiting....

I haven't tried one yet, but am already thinking that next time I will use buttermilk instead of regular milk in the batter. And double the recipe.




7 comments:

Megan said...

Mmmm - nothing like a fresh blueberry muffin. Of course, the closest I can get to that right now is the blueberry yogurt that I'm eating.

Somehow, it's just not the same.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Blueberry muffins are always a hit! These look delicious.

Kim said...

Wow! I'm impressed with your multi-tasking. Baking muffins and taking a shower, that's good thinking.

I used to love to pick blueberries as a kid. I don't think we have any upicks around here and I really miss that.

The muffins look great!

Joanne said...

Ha! I've made these and really liked them. Especially with some lemon infused into them.

NKP said...

I love blueberry muffins straight out of the oven. They look great!

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Oh I do love a good blueberry muffin - I like mine split open and served with a bit of lemon curd. I think you are right - made with buttermilk would be great.
Sue

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Hi Jenny - I just stopped by to let you know that after IHCC finished cooking with Bittman, a few of us have taken up the mantel and are hosting a monthly Tackling Bittman blog hop. We open the Linky the first Thursday in every month and I would love it if you would join in with us sometime - linking up any previous Bittman post is perfectly fine also. Here is the link if you're interested

http://couscous-consciousness.blogspot.com/2010/12/tackling-bittman-recipe-hop-volume-2.html

Sue :-)