I Heart Cooking Clubs: Mark Bittman Edition - Potluck it is!


It is a beautifully sunny day outside. About 25C outside, not too hot, not too cold. Perfect for a light, summery meal.

Which is why I'm posting about pot roast and popovers for this week's I Heart Cooking Clubs, Mark Bittman Edition.

Don't laugh. It's all I had pictures of, despite the stacks of recipes made recently. This was it.


And somewhere in the world, there is a Mark Bittman fan, a reader of my blog, who is going into winter and could use some warm comfort, the kind you can only get from a good pot roast.


This pot roast was fine, but the star of the meal was the popovers, or Yorkshire Puddings. Light and fluffy on the inside, crisp on the outside, the right shape for sucking up gravy. I had not made these for quite some time, so all my boys, husband included, were quite excited when I placed the bowl on the table. And they are so simple to make, made me wonder why I don't make them more often.

Recipes for both of these can be found in How to Cook Everything. The Pot Roast on page 437, and the Popovers on page 253.

If you like Mark Bittman, or are just curious, go check out the I Heart Cooking Clubs page and see what everyone else made.

Just a quick note on the computer problems I've had lately: they aren't over yet. I bought a new computer, much needed, however my new computer was defective, so I have been waiting for my new new computer. Basically, right now, I'm stuck between two bad computer options, which makes it very difficult to do things that require a computer.

I'm told my replacement computer will be here this week, and if works when it gets here, I will be on the road to computer recovery. If it doesn't work, then I'm sending it back and going to go look at a Mac.



No comments: