I Heart Cooking Clubs: Mark Bittman Edition - Garlic!


Technical computer difficulties continue (things did not go well with the new pc, still working on it), so the only way I can participate in this week's I Heart Cooking Clubs, themed GARLIC!!, is to go back to my archives and see what I have available.

Nothing, unfortunately, with the words garlic in the title, but at least one recipe with garlic in it, so that's the best I could do.

Spaghetti is a staple in this household. My hubby would be happy if we had it at least once a week. And by spaghetti, I mean spaghetti. Not fusilli, rotini, capivati, especially not fettucini and linguini, or any of the other types of pasta you can get. Spaghetti!


So for a change, I made Mark Bittman's Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe, from page 152 of How to Cook Everything.

Now this recipe only calls for 1 tsp on minced garlic in it, which I of course ignored. I think I went with something like 3 or 4 cloves instead. And I could have used alot more garlic. And chili peppers. And basil. And anything else to impart some flavor.

It was a good basic recipe, good for someone who had never made meatballs and sauce from scratch before, but as we've found with alot of Bittman's recipes, bland.

Anyways, while the computer troubles continue (and my new pc is being replaced by another new pc due to the difficulties), I'll still be a little scarce around here and in reading other blogs.

Have a good week and get cooking!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

I'm sorry to hear that your computer troubles just keep on coming! And also that you didn't love this recipe. I always add more garlic than is called for...I just have a super huge tolerance to it!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Bummer on the computer troubles. Hope it gets fixed soon. I always add extra garlic to anything I make too--especially pasta dishes.

Kim said...

Yikes- computer troubles sure do make me cranky. The spaghetti and meatballs do look very tasty and I would've done the same thing by adding more garlic. I hope you pc issues are solved soon!

Anonymous said...

I you have to go extra on anything...garlic's your best bet...Hope you get your computer issues resolved soon...love your space