CSA Week Six


Back from vacation and back to our weekly share. (In case you missed it, we were away for week 5 and shared our veggies with a friend.)

This week we received:

head lettuce
bok Choy (we traded ours in the trade bin for a second bunch of carrots, by the request of my 12 year old, who loves carrots but hates bok Choy)
onions
pint of new potatoes (I turned these into yummy garlic mashed potatoes, with the skin on)
beets
carrots
pint of tomatoes
purple peppers

cucumbers
zucchini
herbs - I chose basil

A lot of the veggies, like the zucchini and peppers and carrots, went straight into my lunch boxes as veggies and dip, while my husband continued to eat a salad with his lunch every day. One thing for sure, we are definitely eating our share!

I sliced up the beats to roast them (blanching and freezing the beet greens for future use), but they were so pretty inside I just had to take a picture.

2 comments:

Forty Pound Sack said...

I'm embarrassed to say I have only ever seen beets after they are pickled. You're right, they are very pretty!

Dick & John SoupAday.com said...

Love the fresh veggies! Keep up the great work!