It's time for a Fiesta - and you're invited!


That's right, it is Monthly Mingle time and I get to play hostess this month while Meeta is busy moving! And since I get to hostess this fabulous event, I also get to choose the theme and I've decided it is time for a Mexican Fiesta!

Why, you might ask? (Or maybe you didn't ask, but I'm going to answer anyways.)

Well, because I love Mexican food. My entire family likes Mexican food. What isn't to love about Mexican food? And since no one wants to visit Mexico right now, we can all experience our own little bit of it in our own homes.

As for the Fiesta, well, it has been a long school year, which is almost over. And a long spring that does not seem to want to give way to summer. And any excuse for a party is a good excuse. So let's all find our festive spirit and party!

If you've never been part of the Monthly Mingle before, let me tell you what you do: first of all, copy that little picture above, the badge that says Monthly Mingle on it. Then hit your kitchen, or your bbq, or your drinks cabinet, or wherever you keep edibles, and make something that relates to the theme of Mexican Fiesta. It can be a drink, a main course, an appetizer, a dessert. It can serve one or a crowd. It can be no-cook or require hours of slaving over a hot crock pot. It doesn't matter what it is, as long as it fits within the theme of Mexican Fiesta. Make it up or find a cookbook, just make something.

Then take a picture and put it up on your blog. Please include the phrase Monthly Mingle: Mexican Fiesta. Then send me the link, and a copy of your picture, by email: allthingsedible (at) gmail (dot) com, including the words Montly Mingle in the subject post. (If you don't have a blog, you can join in as well, just email me the details of what you made, with a picture or two.)

Do this before July 13th, and I will be sure to include you in the round up.

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Please feel free to join in. Let's Fiesta!

7 comments:

Megan said...

Ok - I'm in (of course). Now I'll spend the evening dreaming of what to make......

pam said...

I've never done the Monthly Mingle, but I adore Mexican. I've stuck a stickie on my computer, so hopefully I'll remember this one!

Arlene Delloro said...

Yippee! another excuse to make Mexican food.

Meeta K. Wolff said...

great to see the mingle here jenny! looking forward to all the entries!

Ellemay said...

mmmmmmm mexican

Zom G. said...

How fun! I love blog carnivals...especially when Mexican food is involved...thanks for hostin'!

Soma said...

Jenny, just mailed you my entry. Here is the link:http://www.ecurry.com/blog/desserts/mango-flan/

What a fun Theme... can't wait to see what others are bringing in.