What a nice way to start your day, with an award from a fellow food blogger, my new friend Megan, whose blog My Baking Adventures, is on my daily read list (along with her kids blog, Cooking with the Kids.) No cash prizes, or cars, with this award, just recognition, which is a good thing!
Thanks muchly Megan!
A few rules with this ward:
I always have a hard time nominating people for these things, but this award seems to be fairly new, so I have some long time friends I can nominate for this.
Mary The Sour Dough
Ivonne Cream Puffs in Venice
Lis La Mia Cucina
BC - Beans and Caviar
Jasmine Confessions of a Cardamom Addict
Peabody Culinary Concoctions by Peabody
Kelly Sass and Veracity
Helen - Tartelette
Notice a theme going here? These are all fellow Daring Bakers! And blogs I read whenever they show up on my blog reader, right away. All wonderful ladies whom I hope to have a chance to get together with for a big food and gab fest. What could be better than that?
Now to the tag....
Megan actually did this as well, tagged me with 6 Random Things you really want to know about me. This might be harder to pass along, though I might go with some of the same people I tagged with my award.
1. I've just spent a week with no children. Did I take advantage of this and enjoy a spa like week, sleeping in every day and living the carefree life? No, I cleaned my oven, my pantry, my front closet, both my children's rooms, did some touch up painting and other mundane tasks. Sure, my house is cleaner, but did I waste my week?
2. I am the lead singer of our family band on Rock Band for the wii. I don't sing too horribly, though no one will ever offer me a singing contract, but I seem to be able to match the tones well. And I am determined that I WILL survive singing Boston's Foreplay/Long Time on expert!
3. I have not yet started my Daring Baker's challenge for this month. Which is very late for me. I plan to start, and finish it, today. Which means I better check my ingredients and see if I need to go shopping.
4. Last night I swam 1200 meters during swimming, then came home and made a banana milkshake.
5. Last week I had a very quiet birthday, with no cake, no kids and no party. I did get crawfish though. According to the wii fit, I am 26, but really, I just turned 36. As fun as the wii fit is, sometimes it really does not know what it is talking about (like telling me I gained over 20 pounds in less than 36 hours? Or once telling me I'd gained 9 pounds in less than 8 hours. Sheesh!)
You know, coming up with 6 random things is harder than it looks!
6. Even though I will do a blog meme, and pass along awards, I rarely do email fwds, especially the ones that ask you to answer questions about yourself and then forward to so many people before your luck will run out. Once in awhile a really good joke comes along and I will forward it, but mostly I don't.
Hmmm now who to tag....
So double tagging for BC, and for Kelly, and for Lis, and for Jasmine, but I think I will have to let it go at that. Just about everyone else on that list is super, super busy right now with things (and I will do NOTHING to hinder the Tartelette cookbook, so no meme's for Helen!)
Now to go check my recipe and see what I need.
Have a good day everyone!