Uping my daily fruit

One of the things I received for Christmas was this Cuisinart blender from my children. Not a huge surprise as they had asked me in advance what I wanted and I told them a blender. My husband tells me that my boys spent quite some time in discussion over all the available blenders and chose this one for me. Isn't it nice to get what you wanted?

In a way they got what they wanted as well - since receiving my blender, I have had a fruit smoothie for my breakfast every morning!
Which isn't to say I've run the blender every morning - afterall, no one, and I do mean no one, wants to hear the blender go off at 5 am on a swimming morning. So on those days I've made the blender in advance and stored it in the fridge.

This mornings breakfast is simple, only two ingredients, frozen strawberries and yogurt. Okay 3 ingredients: when I ran out of vanilla yogurt, I added strawberry yogurt instead. And a splash of water to start the mixing.

No recipes have been used for these daily concoctions. One last week involved the canned pears I made this summer and vanilla yogurt, making a sweet, creamy breakfast. My only rule is that there must be a good amount of fruit involved.

So how do you add extra fruit in your day?

4 comments:

slush said...

Sweet gift! My husband shocked me with a Cuisinart Food Processer for Xmas. I was beyong thrilled. It is soo nice to get what you really want! Funny thing is, he was afraid Id be upset with getting an appliance. Silly man.

Anonymous said...

The pear sounds delicious.

Peabody said...

My fruit is usually in smoothie form for breakfast or snack.
My mixes are always with protien powder in it so that I get that in too.
My usuals are:
1. pear(fresh), vanilla yogurt, protien powder, spash of skim milk and nutmeg, touch of sugar
2. frozen strawberries, 1/2 banana, protien powder and orange juice
3. Cocoa mix, protien powder and 1/2 banana
4. blackberries(frozen), lime juice, lime yogurt, protien powder, sugar
5. frozen peaches, peach yogurt and protien powder

Cheryl said...

I use my mini blender every morning. I have Carnation Instant Breakfast with skim milk and a banana. Makes a great shake.