These aren't the pork chops he was looking for

In my ongoing quest to add variety and find new recipes, I decided to try this recipe from the June 2006 issue of Cooking Light magazine, Pork Chops with Country Gravy (page 200 for those who have it.)

I had planned ahead for some of the meal by preparing extra mashed potatoes on the weekend when I had made a slow cooker pot roast, with the intention of mixing those mashed potatoes with a bit of garlic, sour cream and cheese, then baking it together until it was warmed through and the cheese was melted in the potatoes. Then I added more cheese to the top and gave it another few minutes to get gooey.

I rounded it out with some steamed brocolli tossed with a touch of butter.

I enjoyed the pork chops, they weren't over cooked, were flavorful, as was the gravy, without being heavy or rich. However my husband ate it, but it did nothing at all for him, so I think he'd be happy if I didn't make this again. Oh well, the quest continues.

Sorry about the picture quality, my batteries must be running low. Plus there was steam coming off the plate when I snapped this shot, so I'm sure that didn't help.

No comments: